Position Title: Agronomy Position – Sales, Applicator, Driver, Etc.
Location: IFA Country Store in Price, Utah
Expiration Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Intermountain Farmers Association (IFA) is a regional farm supply co-op with diverse operations including feed production, agronomy services, and retail stores throughout the intermountain west. We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill an AGRONOMY POSITION (SALES, APPLICATOR, DRIVER, ETC.) at the IFA Country Store in Price, Utah.
SUMMARY: Looking for a motivated person who is excellent at customer service and who has a love and passion for agriculture. Will assist in a variety of areas including pesticide and fertilizer sales and application, making deliveries to agronomy customers and general customer service and inside sales at the store. Must have or be able to obtain the following: CDL, Commercial Pesticide Applicators License, and Certified Crop Advisor credentials. Willing to work extended hours as needed during the busy season; will frequently be 12-14 hours during a shift.
- Loading and mixing fertilizer and pesticide formulas with the ability to follow and interpret fertilizer and chemical labels.
- Ability to read and operate field GPS devices.
- Calling on agricultural customers to assist with their agricultural needs including selling fertilizers, chemical products, chemical application, and soil analysis services.
- Willing to deliver/pick-up products when needed.
- Providing excellent customer service to patrons, meeting branch financial expectations, working with branch manager to achieve branch sales and profit objectives, and working effectively with co-workers.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year degree in agronomy related education and experience in an agricultural sales environment preferred. CCA Certificate (Certified Crop Advisor) and commercial applications license are desirable. Current CDL driver’s license with clean driving record required. Must be able to work both outside and in a dusty environment, and to lift 100 lbs. occasionally.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time position that includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement plan, generous 401K matching, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, employee discounts on store purchases as well as many other incredible benefits. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter to the e-mail addresses listed below:
Or you may apply in person at the following address:
Price IFA Country Store
240 W. 100 N.
Price, Utah 84501