Position Title: Management Trainee/Assistant Manager
Location: IFA Country Store in Cedar City, Utah
Expiration Date: Friday, May 19, 2017
INTERMOUNTAIN FARMERS ASSOCIATION (IFA) is a regional farm supply co-op with diverse operations including feed production, agronomy services, and retail stores throughout the intermountain west. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of MANAGEMENT TRAINEE/ASSISTANT MANAGER at the IFA Country Store in Cedar City, Utah.
- Coach and mentor team members with the ability to hold team members accountable to high levels of performance.
- Interview and hire qualified candidates to ensure store is staffed appropriately with knowledgeable and friendly team members.
- Provide ongoing training to help team members develop a consistent attitude of salesmanship while utilizing suggestive selling and add-on sales techniques.
- Effectively merchandise store with appropriate mix of products and services with an experienced eye for visual presentation and attractive store layout.
- Actively seek out opportunities to increase sales revenue using a variety of creative strategies to bring new and additional business to the store.
- Develop a store culture and environment that espouses the highest level of attention to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory on products in the store by keeping accurate inventory reports and conducting regular inventory audits.
QUALIFICATIONS: 4-year college degree preferred with an emphasis in Ag Business, Business Administration, Operations Management or other related field of study. 3-5 years experience in retail management with demonstrated leadership abilities. A passion and excitement for being involved in the agricultural community and rural living highly desired. An advanced level of knowledge and experience in agronomy, animal health, gardening, fencing and farming supplies a huge plus. Solid understanding of operational profitability including gross margin analysis and effective pricing strategies to ensure store financial success. Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, SAP and other computer applications. Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with multi-tasking capabilities.
BENEFITS: IFA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement plan, generous 401K matching, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, employee discounts, as well many other incredible benefits.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter to the HR Department.