Position Title: Nursery Department Manager
Location: IFA Country Store in American Fork, Utah
Expiration Date: Monday, February 27, 2017
INTERMOUNTAIN FARMERS ASSOCIATION, an intermountain agricultural and retail cooperative, is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of NURSERY DEPARTMENT MANAGER in the IFA Country Store in American Fork, Utah.
SUMMARY: We are searching for someone who has experience working in a nursery or greenhouse setting who can make great additions to our team. Ideally we would like to find someone who has such a passion for trees, shrubs, garden plants, and other green goods that they have it flowing through their veins. Someone who is extremely knowledgeable about plants and teaching others how to successfully grow and maintain them. If this sounds like you, then we would really like to talk to you.
- Increase garden center sales by presenting a professionally merchandised, clean and well maintained garden center
- Ensure plants and green goods are watered and cared for each day
- Provide excellent customer service by educating customers on proper care for trees, shrubs, bushes and other garden center plants
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory on products in the store by keeping accurate inventory reports and conducting regular inventory audits
- Look for opportunities to increase average sales amount per transaction by implementing effective sales and cross-selling techniques
QUALIFICATIONS: High diploma, GED or equivalent required. 3-5 years of experience in nursery or greenhouse operations highly desired. A passion and excitement for a variety of different plants and green goods with an advanced level of knowledge and experience in gardening and plant care. Able to lift 50 lbs. often throughout shift. Able to be on feet for eight hours during shift. Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with multi-tasking capabilities.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time position that includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement plan, 401K, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, employee discounts on store purchases as well many other incredible benefits.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter to the American Fork IFA Country Store – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, apply in person at:
521 W. 200 N. St.
American Fork, Utah 84003