Position Title: Payroll/Benefits Specialist
Location: Corporate Office in Salt Lake City, Utah
Expiration Date: Friday, December 29, 2017
Intermountain Farmers Association (IFA) is a regional farm supply co-op with diverse operations including feed production, agronomy services, and retail stores throughout the intermountain west. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of PAYROLL/BENEFITS SPECIALIST at the corporate office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
SUMMARY: We are seeking a talented individual to administer the company’s payroll and benefit plans. The Payroll/Benefits Specialist ensures that all employees receive the correct compensation in a timely manner and are enrolled in the proper benefit plans. The ideal candidate will have expertise with payroll software and be familiar with company benefits. They will also have the soft skills necessary to resolve concerns and answer employee’s questions effectively. It is vital for this person to be trust-worthy, have the utmost integrity with the ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential.
- Manage bi-weekly compensation using ADP software, including recording payroll data in the system and verifying all amounts prior to processing payroll
- Collect and verify timekeeping records for all employees and research and resolve discrepancies
- Calculating pay according to hours worked including overtime, bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Administer employee benefit plans including enrollments and terminations
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers, reviews billings for accuracy and resolves discrepancies with carriers
- Manage and adjust employee tax status as well as update any information about withholdings
- Prepare manual checks for distribution to employees as needed
- Initiate and manage direct deposits
- Prepare reports for management and maintain accurate records
- Handle and record employee questions, concerns and complaints about payroll services and communicate relevant issues to the Human Resources Manager
- Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll checks
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, benefit enrollments, etc.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company integrity by keeping information confidential
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll and benefit systems
- Updates knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks
- Three to five years of proven payroll and benefits experience
- Two to four year college degree preferred
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Superior spreadsheet skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience using ADP is preferred
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to keep information confidential is a must
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong fact-finding and problem-solving skills
BENEFITS: IFA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement plan, generous 401K matching, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, employee discounts, as well many other incredible benefits. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter to the e-mail address listed below:
Or you may apply in person at the following address:
IFA Corporate Office
1147 W. 2100 S.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84119