Position Title: Transportation Manager
Location: IFA North Region Feed Mill in Trenton, Utah
Expiration Date: Friday, March 27, 2017
INTERMOUNTAIN FARMERS ASSOCIATION, an intermountain agricultural and retail cooperative, is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of TRANSPORTATION MANAGER at the IFA North Region Feed Mill located in Trenton, Utah.
SUMMARY: This position operates in a fast-paced environment coordinating the loading and delivery of bulk and bagged livestock feeds from two production facilities to customers in northern Utah and surrounding states. Success in this position requires constant communication and coordination with customers, sales and administrative staff, feed production operations, and trucking personnel. A passion for customer service and the ability to work effectively under pressure is essential.
- Training, scheduling and supervision of several CDL delivery drivers, maintaining a continuous focus on safety.
- Overseeing maintenance, regulatory compliance and reporting for a fleet of IFA operated specialty feed delivery trucks.
- Arranging and coordinating hauling by outside carriers as needed.
- Advance scheduling of numerous outbound loads every day, with the flexibility to quickly adjust schedules and coordinate with the entire IFA team on short-notice orders and order changes.
- Understanding individual customer needs and expectations as well as plant production capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible level of on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinating with IFA purchasing and production personnel to schedule backhauls of feed commodities and ingredients where possible.
- Maintaining detailed records on trucking operations and assisting management with operational analysis to insure the financial viability of the operation.
- Close coordination with administrative staff on accurate accounting of both outbound and inbound loads.
- Occasional overnight travel to attend training and other company meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred along with two years of dispatch or other trucking operations experience.
- A CDL and truck driving experience is a plus.
- Experience with animal agriculture is also desirable.
- This position requires a team oriented leader with excellent collaborative skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidate will be organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects on any given day.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly learn company software applications.
- Highly dependable team player willing to embrace the vision, mission and policies of Intermountain Farmers Association.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time position that includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement plan, 401K, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, employee discounts on store purchases as well as many other incredible benefits. IFA offers Sundays off and a friendly work atmosphere to learn and work in.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit a cover letter and current resume or apply in person by visiting the address below.
Intermountain Farmers Association
North Region Feed Mill
Marty Short, General Manager
1750 E Center St., Lewiston, UT 84320